Although lily of the valley is poisonous, it can’t bear its freshness and loveliness. Many flower lovers will plant a lily of the valley at home. After the pedicel blooms, it is like a wind chime swaying in the wind, so it is also called Canterbury bells. It’s difficult to plant and raise lily of the valley in terms of fertilization. If you don’t fertilize, you’ll have less flowers. If you apply fertilizer indiscriminately, you won’t bloom again. Small plants will teach you a few tricks to let your lily of the valley bloom in a full pot.
Control the time and feed lily of the valley
Before fertilizing lily of the valley, we should pay attention to the growth status of lily of the valley. Spring and autumn are the growth seasons of lily of the valley, while winter and summer will enter physiological dormancy. In other words, should fertilization be carried out in spring and autumn, while fertilizer should be stopped in winter and summer.
In addition, fertilization before and after flowering is also different. Moreover, the main fertilizer applied is slightly different. If the fertilizer is applied properly, the pot will be full of flowers. If you make a mistake, it will probably not bloom.
Choose fertilizer and skillfully use nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium
The fertilization of lily of the valley is mainly composed of three elements: n, P and K. The fertilizer applied in different periods is also different.
Spring and autumn is the period of growing branches and leaves. At this time, we should apply more nitrogen fertilizer to lily of the valley. We can use chemical fertilizer or homemade decomposed nitrogen fertilizer, such as rotten soybean cake fertilizer and chicken manure fertilizer. Generally, it is enough to apply fertilizer once a quarter. If you want to apply fertilizer every month, the fertilizer must be thin. If the fertilizer is too thick, it is easy to burn roots.
The flowering period of lily of the valley is from May to June. Before flowering 15 days, phosphorus and potassium fertilizer can be applied once. When Lily of the valley pulls out the pedicel and grows buds, all fertilizer and water should be stopped to avoid the flowers from withering ahead of time. The self-made phosphorus and potassium fertilizers include eggshell fertilizer, rotten rice washing water and plant ash.
After the flowers of lily of the valley withered, the fertilizer of N, P, K was added to lily of the valley to replenish the nutrients consumed by flowering and promote the growth of rhizome.
1. Generally, the fertilizer applied is not a single element, but the fertilizer containing three elements of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. If more nitrogen fertilizer is applied, the proportion of nitrogen element is higher. More application of P and K fertilizer means that the proportion of P and K is higher. If only nitrogen fertilizer is applied, it is easy to cause the plant to grow in vain, only long leaves do not bloom.
2. When applying fertilizer solution, do not splash the fertilizer on the leaves, otherwise it is easy to burn the leaves and leave ugly marks, which will directly affect the beauty of the plant. If the operation is wrong, the fertilizer solution can be washed with water.
3. If too much fertilizer is accidentally applied, water a large amount of water immediately to dilute the pot soil, and then dry the pot soil. If it’s too serious, just replace the soil.
1. The whole plant of lily of the valley is poisonous. When touching the stem and leaf by hand, it must be absorbed and disinfected immediately. Wear protective gloves when you need to touch lily of the valley.
2. If there are flowers in your home, don’t put the lily of the valley nearby, otherwise the flowers will wilt quickly. If it does, just remove the lily of the valley and the flowers will return to normal.
3. Except for love, lily of the valley can’t drink cream Narcissus. If the flowers are put together, they will wither.