Lily of the valley is the only species in lily of the valley. Lily of the valley flowers fly in the wind like snow, so lily of the valley grassland is also known as the “silver paradise”. So how does lily of the valley breed? What good method is there in breeding? What should be paid attention to in breeding lily of the valley? Please read with me with questions!
Lily of the valley farming method (basic knowledge)
The best breeding time: Lily of the valley can also be growd after withering leaves in autumn and before freezing, especially in spring.
The best growing soil: Lily of the valley should choose medium or upper fertility, slightly acid soil, half shade and half sun section.
Growth humidity requirements: Lily of the valley should keep loose soil and soil moist during the growing period.
The optimum growth temperature was 18-22 ℃.
The best growth light: Lily of the valley is suitable for scattered light and half shade environment.
Precautions for lily of the valley farming:
1. Lily of the valley was applied with fully fermented topdressing in early spring and late autumn respectively. After 10-15 days, it gradually turned to the light, the room temperature rose to 20 ℃, the bottom temperature was 22 ℃, and the water and topdressing were increased. The flower could bloom after 3 weeks.
2. The management of lily of the valley should apply enough base fertilizer. After sprouting in spring, the diluted rotten cake fertilizer was poured once every 7-10 days. When the pedicel appeared, the flower withered and the liquid fertilizer was applied once in autumn.
Key points of watering:
(1) Lily of the valley should be watered after planting, and attention should be paid to watering in case of drought.
(2) Lily of the valley likes humid soil environment and is not tolerant of early. It is necessary to spray water to the environment to maintain high air humidity. The best water used is soft water.
Pruning tips: Lily of the valley should cut off the stems and branches as soon as possible after flowering, so that nutrients can be concentrated to supply the rhizome.
Pot soil replacement: Lily of the valley potted plants mostly choose big and fat rhizome buds, and each pot has 4-5 buds, which needs to be changed once a year.
Breeding points: ramet propagation.
(1) Ramet propagation. It can be used in spring and autumn, and November is the best. There are different sizes of buds on the rhizome. In autumn, when the upper part of the ground withers, the rhizome is dug up, and each terminal bud with a section of rhizome is cut down for planting, and a new plant can be formed.
(2) The plump buds can bloom the next spring after ramets, and the smaller ones need to bloom after one year. In autumn, the seeds are washed out from the red ripe berries, which can be directly sown on the seedbed in the open field, and germinate in the spring of the following year.
(3) In late autumn, after the above ground part of the plant withered, the buds at the end of the rhizome were dug up and planted separately.
(4) After the large buds are divided, they will bloom in the next spring, and the small ones will bloom in the next year.
(5) There are flower buds and leaf buds at the top of lily of the valley underground rhizome. The flower buds are blunt conical and short, and they can bloom in the second year; the leaf buds are long and conical, sharp and thin, and can blossom in the third year. It is better to keep 4-6 buds in the first ramet, including both flower buds and leaf buds. It is better to plant them on deep ploughed and fertile land. During the period from late autumn to early March, the rhizome can also be divided into several segments, each with 4 to 6 buds. The wound is smeared with some plant ash or sulfur powder, and the hole is covered with soil about 5cm.
(6) If breeding or introduction from afar, seeds can be used for propagation, sowing in autumn and germination in the next spring.
(1) No diseases and insect pests were found in the plant area of lily of the valley.
(2) Greenhouse planting is easy to breed plant diseases and insect pests, such as stem rot, anthrax, leaf spot and other fungal diseases. At ordinary times, copper fungicide should be used regularly to prevent and control, and it is strictly forbidden to collect seeds from diseased plants. Once the diseased plants are found, they should be destroyed immediately to prevent the spread of the disease.
(3) Diseases and insect pests. In case of brown spot, spray with 700 times of 75% chlorothalonil WP.
breed lily-of-the-valley What we learned:
1. Semi shade, humid environment, cool, avoid hot and dry, cold resistant, rich in humus loam and sandy loam. The altitude is 850-2500 meters above sea level.
2. In early spring, the mulch was removed and the soil was loosened. During the growth period, water should be supplemented appropriately, and fertilizer should be applied once a half month, most of which are thin cake fertilizer water or compound liquid fertilizer. Weeds should be treated after fertilization. After anthesis, in order to promote the growth of rhizome, appropriate amount of fertilizer should be applied to ensure the growth of dormant buds.
I am a flower grower: only smell the flowers, not talk about sadness and joy, drink tea, read books, enjoy the flowers and grass, do not fight for morning and evening, this is the life I have always wanted!
Pay attention to WeChat official account: yhr360 learn more knowledge of flower raising and flower raising skills!
Professional flower lovers exchange platform, flower lovers must artifact!